Recent Posts

EPL round-up: Leicester bid Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha goodbye

Saturday, 10 November 2018

It was an emotional afternoon for Leicester City in their first home game since the death of chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Here’s what happened in that game and the rest of the 3pm kick-offs in the Premier League on Saturday…

Leicester 0-0 Burnley
Leicester were held at home by Burnley in an emotional first game at the King Power Stadium since the death of owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Fans, players and staff remembered the Foxes’ late chairman before, during and after the 0-0 draw with the Clarets on Saturday.

A host of tributes were paid following the helicopter crash which claimed his life, and that of four others, two weeks ago.

On the pitch, Rachid Ghezzal hit the bar and Matt Lowton cleared off the line from Jamie Vardy as the Foxes, who dominated for long spells and remain 10th, tried without success to find a winner.

Newcastle 2-1 Bournemouth
Salomon Rondon’s first-half double handed Newcastle back-to-back Premier League victories as they scrapped all the way to fend off a Bournemouth fightback.

Loan signing Rondon scored his first league goal for the Magpies after seven minutes and then doubled his tally with a bullet header five minutes before the break to set the stage for a 2-1 win.

Jefferson Lerma reduced the deficit six minutes into first-half stoppage time after Adam Smith had been carried off on a stretcher, but despite mounting a concerted effort after the break, that was as good as it got in front of a crowd of 49,266 at St James’ Park.

Huddersfield 1-1 West Ham

Felipe Anderson fired a second-half equaliser to rescue West Ham a point in a thrilling 1-1 Premier League draw at Huddersfield.

Anderson notched his third goal in two games by smashing home a 74th-minute rebound after Alex Pritchard’s first of the season had given Huddersfield a half-time lead.

Huddersfield played some of their best football of the season in the first period when they twice hit the woodwork and will be disappointed not to have clinched the back-to-back Premier League wins they craved.

Southampton 1-1 Watford

Southampton failed to ease the pressure on manager Mark Hughes as their winless run stretched to eight games following a controversial 1-1 draw with Watford.

Hughes looked set to taste Premier League success for the first time in more than two months thanks to Manolo Gabbiadini’s first-half finish.

But Jose Holebas equalised with a deflected strike nine minutes from time to earn a deserved point for the Hornets.

Leave your comment.

No comments: